"I'm telling you, it's jobs. We gotta get jobs. Then we get the khakis. Then we get the chicks. "
Theme by nostrich.
Text with 2 notes
The following are my college friend’s rules to enjoying and surviving the Dallas St. Paddy’s Day Parade and After-Parties. He’s been updating the rules for the last 6 years.
I try and keep an updated annual “blog” of rules based on my many years of St. Paddy’s day alcoholism, and trust me these are tried and true. I have adjusted slightly for 2013, but let me know if i left any off! Happy raging!
Now everyone’s experiences on Lower/Upper Greenville may vary, but if you look forward to the normal 8am - ? drinking bender that I do every year on this beautiful day, here are some guidelines to avoid embarrassment, severe personal injury/embarrassment, etc:
1) Always bring LOTS OF CASH (preferably in the form of 5’s and 1’s in order to save time and not piss off the equally impatient and drunk ppl behind you). I would recommend spreading this money out around different pockets, orifices, etc on your body. Pickpocketing from a drunk-ass is like stealing candy from a semi-retarded infant. Also, the ATM lines are roughly 20000000k miles long. You will shrivel up and die by the time you get beer money from these.
2) Bring 2 forms of ID. Now you will generally not be asked for 2 forms, but you have lost at least one, and possibly some credit cards as an added bonus
3) Wear green that a blind person to see to avoid idiots fucking with you b/c they don’t notice that you simply have a green and white striped shirt. This will minimize the beatings you will take from guys you will somehow be having beers with later that afternoon (?)
4) If you actually care about any of the friends you start the day with I would recommend not leaving anyone even to piss. Be piss pals. This is respect the fact that your cell phone WILL NOT WORK AT ALL amongst the other 5000000 drunk fucks trying to find their friends. If you want to go as that hammered guy raging alone please disregard #4.
5) NEVER BE ALONE outside of the designated drunk drinking area. For some odd reason (the cop wouldn’t explain to me why) Police target and fuck with anyone who is walking alone, stumbling or not. If you are with just one other person however, feel free to dance on the DART rail with a bottle of whiskey and said green dye in hand, as this is socially acceptable for public safety? I was detained twice in 1 hour for above mentioned rule infraction.
6) Don’t buy liquor for a homeless man b/c you feel you are doing something nice. He will follow you like a needy girlfriend for the rest of the day telling you about how his life got so sad and pathetic.
7) Carry around whatever it is that you will need to wake back up a bit around 2-3pm b/c you do not want to pass out in someone’s yard or you could wake up in their basement with a ball gag in your mouth.
8) Have at least one person in your group that you know can ACTUALLY fight, as you will most likely have 3-4 friends who KNOW they can fight but can in actuality just piss off the largest UFC/college football player/etc that happens to be wasted in the general vicinity. That way, the real fighter can buy you some time as you stumble sprint off towards the nearest cop like a child looking for protection (no shame in this).
9) Do not try to get into areas where you have to have special wristbands if you don’t have one. Trying to sweet talk a sober bouncer when you’re not even sure you’re making words is just embarrassing for everyone involved. Trust me!
10) Don’t drive unless you wanna end up the news for some sort of felony that will be both funny and horribly tragic.
11) If you have a camera you care about, don’t be an idiot and bring it, as you will not see it again (unless your lucky and it resurfaces 2 years later). Man up and spend the $90 it costs now to get a cheap POS at Best Buy. The cheaper it is, the more likely it is to survive.
12) Milo’s has more security cameras than you think outside. Be careful what you do there.
13) The greener the beer, the sicker it will make you. Period.
14) When kegs are empty, lock in a SECURE facility along with all rented equipment. Hiding them in the backyard underneath an inflatable baby pool (don’t ask) is not *secure*. This will save you about 300 hungover $’s come Sunday.
15) Don’t park your car directly in front of the house that you are throwing the party at unless it’s 2001 or older. It will be keyed.
16) Take time out for lunch to have a breather. You don’t want to be that asshole at Milo’s that passes out on the patio at 4 PM.
17) DON’T BE AN ASSHOLE
IF I think of any more things me…errr…my friends did last year, I’ll update this as I get increasingly bored at work. Also feel free to make any addendums that I make have neglected or did not happen to someone I know…
Thanks for reading and look for me violating rules 1-17 this Saturday.